FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Science Central held their annual Countdown to Noon balloon drop for kids Sunday.
Hundreds of kids gathered at Science Central with their families for face painting, crafts, regular exhibits, and the release of 2,018 balloons to ring in the new year. The balloon drop is a fun tradition that gives kids an opportunity to celebrate.
"This is a fun and easy way for kids and families who may not be able to stay up until midnight, myself included, to be able to enjoy something. So, instead of 12 midnight, we have our balloon drop at 12 noon," said Martin Fisher, Executive Director at Science Central.
The balloon drop will be back to ring in 2019. Staff also said anyone with a membership to Science Central can use their card at other science centers across the country.
- Science Central hosts Countdown to Noon
- Families celebrate Countdown to Noon at Science Central
- Science Central hosts Purdue University Fort Wayne day
- Science Central holds Special Abilities Day
- Science Central receives NASA mini-grant
- Science Central plans for new planetarium
- Science Central gets new permanent exhibit
- Science Central STEM Camp registration now open
- Fort Wayne Fire Department conducts drills at Science Central
- AEP Foundation announces grant for Science Central planetarium