Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The holidays are right around the corner and the Salvation Army is asking the community to help those in need this season.
Tuesday the nonprofit kicked off its Annual Red Kettle campaign at Sweetwater Sound, where CEO Chuck Surack made the first donation. Every dollar raised is used for Salvation Army programs, services and general operations.
"What the Salvation Army does for the children is just unbelievable in our community and I want to support in every way I can. I want to encourage others. That's really the reason I wanted to be first to donate this year," Surack said.
Last season, the organization was behind on donations, but thanks to last minute contributions from Fort Wayne business owners and businesses The Salvation Army reached its goal by Christmas Eve.
This year's goal is $580,000.
The Salvation Army 2018 locations are:
Big Lots (All locations)
Scott’s (All locations)
Walgreen’s (All locations)
Wal-Mart (All locations)
- Salvation Army kicks off holiday kettle donations
- Salvation Army low on donations
- Kroger makes donation to Salvation Army
- Salvation Army collecting donations for Tools for School
- Salvation Army ready for 'Rogue Weekend'
- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank looking for donations for the holiday
- 2019 Gearfest kicks off
- Festival of Trees kicks off the holiday season for Fort Wayne
- Arab Fest kicks off Saturday
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines