WOODBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - An Allen County non-profit aimed at saving babies is spreading across the country.
Safe Haven Baby Boxes said its first baby box in Arkansas was approved by officials there.
Baby boxes are legal under safe haven laws, allowing women to surrender new-borns anonymously.
The organization hopes to have boxes in all 50 states by 2025.
There are several boxes in our area.
You can learn more about Safe Haven Baby Boxes here.
- Safe Haven Baby Boxes expanding to Arkansas
- Safe Haven Baby Boxes expands to 11th Indiana town
- Safe Haven Baby Box opens at Community Memorial Hospital in Hicksville
- New Haven girl found safe
- Indianapolis area getting box for safely surrendering babies
- Complaint filed against local baby box
- Holcomb signs bill allowing more baby boxes
- Van Wert Health gets new baby box
- Defiance County adds second baby box
- Tillerson in Pakistan with a tough message on safe havens