HOAGLAND, Ind. (WFFT)- Update: The Allen County Coroner's Office has identified the person found inside the SUV as Carol J. Knueve, 62, of New Haven, Indiana. The Coroner found the cause of death to be drowning and the manner of death as suicide.
A person was found dead inside a vehicle submerged in water on the 5900 block of Hoagland Road Sunday afternoon near Poe, Indiana.
Emergency crews from Hoagland, Fort Wayne, New Haven and a dive team responded to the scene around 3:00 p.m.
Officials say the car is an SUV style-vehicle. A person walking along the road discovered the car submerged in the water.
The cause of the incident is under investigation, and the person in the car has not yet been identified. The Allen County Coroner is expected to release more information Monday.
This is a developing story and FOX 55 will have more details when they become available.
- SUV submerged in water, body found inside; Coroner rules death a suicide
- Coroner identifies shooting victim
- Toddler's death ruled a homicide
- Allen County Coroner: 5-month-old boy's death is a homicide
- Coroner IDs 15-year-old shot to death near Euclid Avenue
- Allen County Coroner’s Office takes new approach to identify body
- New Haven woman's death ruled a homicide
- Shooting death ruled a homicide; victim identified
- Body found in alley Sunday identified
- Cause of death for woman found dead in 'reptile home' ruled asphyxiation by snake