FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - SCAN held their annual brown bag lunch fundraiser to raise money to support children and families in the community.
Casa Restaurant provided around 3,000 meals to be delivered to various offices, churches, and schools in the area.
The fundraiser brings in around $30,000 for SCAN every year.
"SCAN's mission is to protect children, prepare parents, strengthen families, and educate our community. So, this is really helping us build awareness about our prevention services. And we've really seen a growth in prevention services over the last few years because of this event," said Mandy Drakeford, the chief philanthropic officer for SCAN.
Drakeford said there were also more than 160 volunteers involved in making the event possible.
- SCAN holds brown bag lunch fundraiser
- SCAN’s 34th Annual Brown Bag Lunch Supports Children and Families in Northern Indiana
- Billboards for heart scans
- SCAN distributes Easter baskets
- SCAN collecting Spring baskets Tuesday
- Culver's holds Honor Flight fundraiser
- Metro Diner to hold fundraiser, soft opening
- Family holds fundraiser to help MDA
- Friends of motorcycle crash victims hold fundraiser
- Autism Society of Indiana holds fundraiser