ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A South Carolina woman is accused of killing her husband by poisoning him with eye drops.
Lana Sue Clayton was charged with the murder of her husband, Stephen, after poisonous levels of tetrahydrozoline was discovered in his system.
That chemical is found in eye drops.
According to police, Clayton admitted to giving her husband the substance without his knowledge over a period of several days.
Neighbors of the couple told CNN affiliate WSCO that the couple had been married for eight years.
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Several eye drops and ointment sold at Walgreens and Walmart recalled
- Woman killed in Waynedale shooting
- Wife accused of trying to smother husband with pillow at Vanderbilt hospital
- A woman fell to her death while recording a fight with her husband
- Ohio teen accused of killing neighbor
- Woman Accused of Poisoning Cats Sentenced
- Noble County libraries dropping fines
- Husband and wife team open ProTailored Physical Therapy
- Man accused of killing North Side coach gets public defender