FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Southwest Allen County Schools is mourning the loss of a longtime teacher.
The district said Sharon Kay Ford died Thursday.
She was a music teacher at Whispering Meadows Elementary.
A SACS spokeswoman said Ford was on medical leave last semester.
Visitation for Ford will be at Elzey-Patterson-Rodak Funeral Home, 6810 Old Trail Rd., Fort Wayne, on Tuesday 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.- 8 p.m.
Her funeral will be Wednesday at Zanesville United Brethren Church, 3092 W Broadway. It starts at 3 p.m.
- SACS mourning death of music teacher
- East Noble mourning loss of teacher
- SACS getting federal safety grant
- SACS considering new elementary attendance boundaries
- SACS planning to replace Homestead High School
- SACS announces plans for new school
- Friends mourn motorcycle crash victim
- SACS moves Kindergarten cut off age with state funding
- Fort Wayne Zoo mourns loss of giraffe
- FWPD mourning the loss of K9 Bullet