FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Southwest Allen County Schools is planning to redraw elementary boundaries for the 2019-2020 school year.
The change will only affect families attending Covington Elementary and Woodside Middle School because that area is seeing the most growth.
Superintendent Dr. Phil Downs said some families south of Covington Elementary will go to Lafayette Meadows Elementary when a new 12 classroom expansion opens in the fall.
He said the district makes the decision now to allow families to adjust to the new school.
Students who will be in fifth and eighth grade next year will have the option to stay at the old school, with no bus transportation.
There will be an information exploring the different options October 22 at 7 p.m. inside Covington Elementary.
- SACS considering new elementary attendance boundaries
- SACS getting federal safety grant
- Haley Elementary holds mock election
- New portable classroom moved to Huntertown Elementary
- Elementary school celebrates milestone for mentor program
- Cedarville Elementary students "Make The Cut" for a good cause
- NACS to build new elementary near other campuses
- Students attend State of the Union watch party
- Huntington North High School students attend Future Fair
- Bike to School Day preparation takes place at Bloomingdale Elementary School