FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Officials with Southwest Allen County Schools announced the future of the Homestead High School project Friday.
In a press conference, Superintendent Phil Downs stated that the plan for an almost completely new school will move forward. SACS had to wait a period of 30 days to give those living in the district the chance to push for a referendum to fund the project, but they chose not to.
Downs says the project start date is tentative. The cost of the project is estimated to be $169 million.
- SACS announces plans for new school
- SACS planning to replace Homestead High School
- SACS getting federal safety grant
- SACS considering new elementary attendance boundaries
- SACS mourning death of music teacher
- City announces plans for North River
- Holcomb announces $1B infrastructure spending plan
- Plans announced for empty grocery store
- SACS moves Kindergarten cut off age with state funding
- Wells County factory announces raises after tax plan