FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A popular steakhouse is now open in downtown Fort Wayne.
Ruth's Chris Steak House cut the ribbon on its location in the Skyline Tower Monday afternoon.
The restaurant is known for its New Orleans inspired appetizers and prime steaks served on a plate at 500 degrees!
The owner said it brings something new to downtown.
"It's refined elegance in its size, its private dining availability will allow for something that right now is unparalleled and not offered in the market. It's something Fort Wayne so needed," said Ryan Rans, owner.
" I think the fact this momentum is continuing. The city of Fort Wayne I think wants and deserves a lot of good things happening," said Mayor Tom Henry.
Ruth's Chris is also about getting involved in the community.
It started that off by presenting a check for $16,000 to the Community Harvest Food Bank.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House now open downtown
- Ruth's Chris Steak House staff gear up for opening day
- Ruth's Chris coming to Fort Wayne
- Proximo now open downtown
- New downtown restaurant opens Wednesday
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg returns to Supreme Court
- Downtown hotel hiring to prepare for opening
- Hampton Inn opens in downtown Fort Wayne
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has cancerous nodules removed from lung
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg released from hospital after cancer surgery