FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) —The Allen County Coroner's Office has identified the victim of a shooting on the city's west end Sunday.
Fort Wayne police responded to a 911 call about shots fired in the 600 block of Runnion Ave.
When officers arrived just after 6 p.m. they found a man lying on the sidewalk with multiple gunshot wounds.
The victim was identified as 40-year-old Pablo Guzman Vasquez of Fort Wayne.
Police say Vasquez was pronounced dead at the scene.
His cause of death has been determined to be multiple gunshot wounds as a homicide.
Investigators say they checked a nearby house and are still trying to determine if it is connected to the shooting.
No one else was injured.
The homicide remains under investigation by the Fort Wayne Police Department.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
Vasquez is the 22nd homicide victim in Allen County for 2019.
The incident remains under investigation by the Fort Wayne Police Department, the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office and the Allen County Coroner’s Office.
- Runnion Avenue shooting victim identified
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- Senate Avenue shooting victim identified
- Central Avenue shooting victim identified
- Fort Wayne police arrest man in deadly Runnion Avenue shooting
- Second arrest made in deadly Runnion Avenue shooting
- Victims in Spatz Avenue double shooting identified
- Shooting victim identified
- Coroner identifies shooting victim
- Kroger shooting victim identified