SPENCERVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Spencerville Covered Bridge is considered unsafe and is now closed to everyone.
DeKalb County bridge inspectors found the main wooden beams were rotten at both ends of the bridge.
That's causing a safety issue so the highway department closed the bridge.
County commissioners expect to see estimates for the repairs in the next few weeks.
It's still not clear when the bridge would reopen.
- Rotten beams close covered bridge
- Covered bridge scheduled for repairs
- University of Saint Francis holds beam signing amid construction
- Coliseum Blvd to close to place bridge
- Washington Center Road to close for bridge replacement
- Hillegas Road bridge reopens
- Failing bridge slated for replacement
- Council approves replacing failing bridge
- Local company offers floor covering apprenticeship program
- Pedestrian bridges at IPFW -safer design