FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The extreme heat wave is taking a toll on roads across northeast Indiana.
Tuesday was the seventh day in a row we've seen temperatures above 90 degrees. This caused US 27 in Adams County and State Road 3 in Allen County to buckle.
The Indiana Department of Transportation says extreme heat affects roads the same way the extreme cold does.
If you see a state road road buckle, contact INDOT to have them fixed.
- Roads buckling under heat
- Buckle up for 'Click It Or Ticket'
- Surviving the Rib Fest heat
- Firefighters battle blaze and heat
- Dupont Road now open
- Hillegas Road bridge reopens
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Simple tips to beat the heat
- Heat overcomes some at Three Rivers Festival
- Extreme heat hard on the homeless