AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - The road to the new DeKalb County Corrections Center is on schedule.
The road is being built just west of Auburn to connect the planned corrections center to State Road 8.
This is so crews can connect the facility to the city utilities.
County commissioners will look at the designs during a special meeting next week and award bids for the project in April.
DeKalb County's county council is looking at raising the county income tax to help pay for the corrections center.
However, councilmembers still don't know how much of an increase that will be.
- Road to new corrections center on schedule
- Electric Works tours scheduled
- Washington Center Road shut down after crash
- Drivers prepare for Washington Center Road closure
- DeKalb County Community Corrections now using K-9
- Ground broken on DeKalb community corrections facility
- Covered bridge scheduled for repairs
- Washington Center Road to close for bridge replacement
- Drug bust on Aboite Center Road leads to four arrests
- Washington Center Road to reopen with some changes