BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WFFT)- The man facing involuntary manslaughter in the death of a 60-year-old man on August 8 is behind bars in Florida.
The Bay County Jail confirmed to FOX 55 Brandon Cook, 27, was arrested and booked Thursday night. He's being held in the Bay County Jail in Panama City. Court docs say Cook was picked up at campground.
Cook is the suspect in the road rage incident that killed Orlando Fernandez, 60.
According to a probable cause affidavit, Fernandez was brake checking Cook in traffic. Both men pulled off on the shoulder of U.S. 30. A witness said Cook punched Fernandez 4-5 times before driving off. Cook's girlfriend, Naomi Cramer, said Fernandez grabbed Cook by the neck before being punched.
Fernandez died at the hospital of a heart attack directly related to the stress of the incident.
Cook made his first court appearance on Friday.
Right now it's not clear when he'll be transported back to Fort Wayne.
- Road rage suspect, Brandon Cook, arrested in Florida
- Suspect in fatal road rage beating formally charged
- Road rage incident causes three vehicle crash
- Man dead after road rage incident
- Trial rescheduled for road rage incident
- PFC Brandon Kreischer laid to rest
- New details on U.S. 30 road rage incident, police still looking for suspect
- Charges filed in U.S. 30 road rage incident
- Jury reaches verdict in U.S. 30 road rage incident
- Federal official identifies Florida school shooting suspect