FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The 2019 road construction season is here.
The city of Fort Wayne put lane restriction in place on Dupont Road between Lima Road and Coldwater Road.
This is so crews remove the temporary asphalt from the median areas for island construction.
The lane restrictions are scheduled to shift again in mid-April within the work zone as other operations are taking place.
The Dupont project is scheduled for completion in July of this year.
Last year, the city widened Dupont Road to four lanes with a turn lane and a pedestrian crossing under the road.
Up to 25,000 vehicles use this stretch of Dupont Road each day.
Tuesday, the city plans to announce what neighborhood improvements are planned in 2019.
- Road construction season returns with Spring
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Firefighters adjust for road construction
- State Road 101 construction begins Monday
- Businesses near Dupont Road are affected by construction
- Dupont Road construction to wrap up for winter
- Fort Wayne International Airport finishes construction on new terminal road
- Spring planting means slow-moving farm vehicles on roads
- Seasonal Myrtle Beach Service returns to Fort Wayne International Airport
- Harvest season means slow-moving farm vehicles on roads