FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Many road closures are throwing drivers off guard this week.
Monday, crews shut down several busy roads around Fort Wayne including Hillegas over US 30 and Dupont Road between Lima and Coldwater roads.
The closure on Dupont Road Redirects about 25,000 vehicles a day to Union Chapel and Carroll Road to the north and Wallen Road to the south, if drivers follow the posted detour.
But many people aren't.
Till Road was backed up for about a quarter of a mile at Lima Road Monday evening.
Drivers told FOX 55 they were stuck in the backup for about 10 minutes ... and still weren't back to Lima Road.
People living along Till said they are trying to make the best of it.
"We know they can't speed down here now, which they do most of the time, because they can't go fast enough to get speed up," said Carl Parkinson.
Dupont Road is expected to open around the end of August.
Meanwhile Hillegas Road will be closed through November.
- Road closures cause headaches and backups
- Bad bridges cause headaches for drivers
- IRS hit by shutdown, creating taxpayer headaches
- Drivers prepare for Washington Center Road closure
- O'Reilly scandal creates more headaches for Fox bid in UK
- Bass and Hadley Road closure starts July 5th
- Lake Ave. closure delayed
- Rolling slowdowns, ramp closures may change commute
- Drivers react to State Boulevard closure
- Frigid cold continues to cause closures Thursday