Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The Economic Development Agreement being complete in regards to funding for Electric Works proves to be promising according to spokesman Kevin Erb.
"Among a variety of council and boards and organizations that will all vote on their participation in the local financing portion of the public private partnerships we've just started that this week with votes among the development authority, legacy and some other organizations," Erb said.
Erb said with the mayor and his team's support they now are working on a timeline for voting for the sequence of approvals.
"Now in addition to the votes taking place and the process moving to the public sphere, this allows the development team to then go and finalize its private financing and construction loan, and continue to meet its pre-leasing thresholds to make sure the demand is there for all the different amenities and opportunities it has for residents," he added.
Sarah Heredia is an entrepreneur from Texas who heard about the project and came to check it out Wednesday. She just moved back to Fort Wayne to the West Central Neighborhood.
"I've been to the city and said what can I do? I want to be involved somehow so I've been to the neighborhood meetings, community and development meetings, and I'm going to bring my business here," she said.
Ben Wahli, president of the West Central Neighborhood Association, said he’s not the only one trying to get involved after Monday nights neighborhood association meeting.
"The residents were all taking notes asking how they can help. Who they can call," he said.
He said now they're just looking forward to Thursday's meeting.
"The Legacy Fund committee will vote if this is a Legacy Fund project or not," he explained.
- Residents optimistic about Electric Works
- Electric Works talks continue
- Electric Works tours scheduled
- Electric Works developers answer questions
- Community optimistic of Hamilton Community Schools' future
- Community optimistic in FWCS superintendent search
- Indiana Tech to lease at Electric Works
- Details unfold about Electric Works project
- FWCS considers leasing Electric Works space
- Developers approach county council about Electric Works