FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Rescue Mission is kicking off their National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week. It started with the Rescue Mission announcing the match to their Foellinger Foundation grant, which was presented in December 2017.
Foellinger Foundation gifted a $1 million grant for the Rescue Mission's capital campaign, with half of it being a matching gift.
This week they are hoping to raise awareness to help people in need downtown. They'll wrap the week up with a donation with a donation drive.
- Rescue Mission kicks off hunger and homelessness awareness week
- Rescue Mission feeds the homeless for Christmas
- "You Can Crush Hunger" competition kicks off
- Rescue Mission feeds over 3,000 for Thanksgiving
- Rescue Mission serves 2,000 people for Easter
- More than $16,000 donated to Rescue Mission
- Rescue Mission receives grant from AEP Foundation
- Rescue Mission prepping for Thanksgiving meal, holidays
- Rescue Mission ready for Thanksgiving meal
- One Night Without a Home raises awareness of homelessness