FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - There's plenty of dogs and cats at Animal Care and Control looking for a new home.
Coldwell Banker Real Estate is trying to help out by matching homeowners with new pets.
The official launch of their "Home For Dogs Project" kicked off this weekend throughout the midwest.
The goal is to house 300 shelter animals and donate money towards their care.
For every share on Facebook about Saturday's event, real estate agent Susan Kinny said she's making a donation.
She's donating $600 total.
"I got feedback from almost every person that I shared that with on Facebook that shared it themselves. It's a great cause. That's my heart," she explained.
While they make it their mission to help people find forever homes, the company's Regional President, Tony Didier, said it's important for pets to get the same opportunity.
They reached their goal last year housing 300 sheltered animals and the real estate company is hoping to do it again.
- Real estate company helps sheltered pets find homes in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Airport hosting Real ID event
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Fort Wayne wins pet friendly award
- Fort Wayne paper straw company sold
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Manchester University helps clean up Fort Wayne
- New York real estate developer buys Trump drawing at auction
- Fort Wayne's emergency shelter plan will help single women as well
- German auto parts company to expand in Fort Wayne