SPENCERVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - The DeKalb County Planning Commission gave its approval to re-zone a field in Spencerville to make way for a Dollar General store.
FOX 55 has been reporting about the retailer's interest in the small community since September.
Now, it is looking to build in the field behind the Spencerville Community Club.
The property is already zoned commercial but needs a higher density commercial zoning.
The DeKalb County Commissioners will make the final decision during its meeting Monday.
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville Dollar General to be decided Monday
- Dollar General considering Spencerville store
- Re-zoning request for Spencerville field continued
- Dollar General clears hurdle for Spencerville location
- Request to re-zone Spencerville field discussed again
- Dollar General still interested in building Spencerville store
- Plan commission approved non-favorable recommendation on Spencerville zoning
- Spencerville man hurt in motorcycle crash
- County commissioners reject rezoning of Spencerville field
- Changes to gas station zoning delayed