FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Union workers are rallying for employees and patients of the VA Hospital all over the nation.
At a rally Thursday, the local president of the American Federation of Government Employees told FOX 55 there are more than 49,000 vacancies nationwide at the VA.
He said patients are ultimately being deprived of the health care they've earned.
Current staffing levels are believed to be creating risks to patients and a hazardous work environment.
"This is deteriorating the veteran experience here, not just at our local campus, but across the nation," said Bill Reuille.
- Rally held for VA employees, patients
- Rally held for Indiana hate crime laws
- Rally being held against marijuana billboard
- Hospitals graded for patient safety
- VA hospital staff celebrate veteran's 100th birthday
- Naturalization ceremony held
- Ligonier giving employees raises
- Patients, doctors concerned about opioid restrictions
- Police detain barricaded patient at Lutheran Hospital
- Fort Wayne VA center priority for fiscal 2019