FORT WAYNE, Ind. (FOX 55) - Purdue Fort Wayne women’s basketball head coach Niecee Nelson was placed on administrative leave.
In a statement from the Purdue Fort Wayne Director of Atheltics Kelley Hartley Hutton, the matter was said to be "a pending personnel matter.." and Hutton could not provide details at this time.
We received a tip to the FOX 55 newsroom that Nelson had been suspended because she was allegedly abusing players on the team. We could not confirm that information with the University.
Assistant coach Marcie Alberts will lead the team during Nelson’s absence and will coach the team during upcoming games.
In the same statement, Hutton said, "Coach Alberts will provide outstanding leadership during this time...”
The matter is still being investigated and we'll have updates as information becomes available.
- Purdue Fort Wayne women’s basketball head coach placed on administrative leave
- Bike-share program leaving Fort Wayne
- Purdue Fort Wayne students move into dorms
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Human Library Fort Wayne pop up hits Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne eyes paid parental leave policy for city workers
- Purdue University Fort Wayne holds spring campus visit
- Purdue Fort Wayne close to officially assuming new name
- Purdue Fort Wayne housing overflow students at Holiday Inn
- Congressman Jim Banks hosts job fair at Purdue Fort Wayne