Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- At 2.2 miles in length, the trail segments extend from West Fourth Street to just south of West State Boulevard and from just north of State where it branches to the Fort Wayne Zoo and Fernhill Avenue.
These portions of the Pufferbelly Trail will connect nearly 1,900 residents to more than 200 businesses and organizations.
The proximity includes the neighborhoods of Spy Run, Bloomingdale, Brookview Civic, Irvington, Five Points, North Franke Park.
It’s close to 186 commercial businesses and connects to destination points such as Science Central, the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, Foellinger Theatre, Sky Zone Trampoline Park, the SportOne Parkview Icehouse and Fieldhouse, Glenbrook Commons and Mall, and Fort Wayne’s riverfront.
The four segments are part of the Poka-Bache Connector, the 81-mile State Visionary Trail, that will connect Ouabache State Park in Bluffton to Pokagon State Park in Angola.
- Pufferbelly Trail in Fort Wayne complete
- Ground broken on Pufferbelly trail
- New Pufferbelly Trail extension opens kicking off snow plowing initiative
- Fort Wayne native hikes Appalachian Trail
- Topping out complete at new Fort Wayne Boys & Girls Club
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti