PIONEER, Ohio (WFFT) - Artesian of Pioneer has preliminary permission to drill wells in northwest Ohio to sell to communities around Toledo.
The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency granted a draft approval with the official approval pending.
FOX 55 first told you last summer Artesian of Pioneer wants to sell ground water from the Michindoh Aquifer and sell it to Toledo suburbs.
Several people in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan have voiced concerns about the effects of their groundwater.
As part of a final approval the Ohio EPA will have a public meeting on the proposal.
That's happening March 12 at Fayette Local Schools at 6 p.m.
- Public meeting planned for Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- CEO questions Michindoh Aquifer's existence
- Ohio EPA needs more info to approve Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- Only on FOX 55: Officials in tri-state to meet on Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- Plan to sell water from Michindoh Aquifer moves forward
- ONLY ON FOX 55: People learn more about Michindoh Aquifer at Angola meeting
- DeKalb County residents express concerns about aquifer drilling
- Effort to change county government to protect aquifer drilling
- Hundreds upset after council doesn't take stand on Michindoh Aquifer debate