AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - People in DeKalb County can weigh in on a proposed income tax increase.
The DeKalb County Council is holding a public hearing on the tax hike during Monday's meeting.
The proposed tax rate hasn't been set yet because the county is waiting for towns to decide how much they will give the county.
The county wants the increase to pay for the new community corrections center on the county farm.
The county council meets 9 a.m. Monday at the DeKalb County Courthouse.
- Public hearing scheduled for income tax hike proposal
- New law could change DeKalb County's income tax hike
- NIPSCO rate hike hearing Monday
- Consumer advocate seeks input on proposed NIPSCO rate hikes
- Settlement would significantly cut I&M's proposed rate hike
- Indiana now accepting 2018 state income tax returns
- Public comment period extended for NIPSCO gas rate hike
- NIPSCO trims natural gas rate hike plan, citing tax cuts
- DeKalb County approves tax hike for Community Corrections
- Health coalition renews push for Indiana cigarette tax hike