FAYETTE, Ohio (WFFT) - Dozens of people are expected to protest plans to drill water from the Michindoh Aquifer and sell it to other communities Tuesday.
FOX 55 first reported in July Artesian of Pioneer plans to drill wells and sell water to communities around Toledo.
Tuesday's protest is scheduled before the Ohio Department of Environmental Protection hosts a public informational meeting.
The Ohio EPA is expected to explain the approval process and answer questions.
The meeting is happening at 6 p.m. at Fayette Local Schools, 400 E. Gamble Road, Fayette, Ohio.
If you can't make the meeting you can submit comments by Friday to Ohio EPA, Division of Drinking and Ground Waters, Attn. Craig Smith, P.O. Box 1049, Columbus, Ohio 43216-1049.
- Public meeting planned for Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- Ohio EPA needs more info to approve Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- CEO questions Michindoh Aquifer's existence
- Plan to sell water from Michindoh Aquifer moves forward
- Only on FOX 55: Officials in tri-state to meet on Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- ONLY ON FOX 55: People learn more about Michindoh Aquifer at Angola meeting
- Hundreds upset after council doesn't take stand on Michindoh Aquifer debate
- People upset over possible sale of water from aquifer
- DeKalb County residents express concerns about aquifer drilling