FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The hype is still high at Promenade Park. Kids playing foosbal, kayakers gliding along the river.
Camilla Stephens brought her nephews to the park for the first time. She's been impressed so far, but says the parking is a bit tricky when it's busy.
She explained, "It's because everybody's out doing the same thing today, enjoying their family. So, it's a bit confusing with the parking, but it's just patience. Take time to find a parking spot and have fun."
The parking issue has overflowed into the Wells Street Corridor.
Drivers ignoring no parking signs, parking pretty much anywhere their car will fit.
Johana Alameri has experienced a few issues in the just the first couple of week.
"Actually, I got my car towed the first weekend when they opened. They towed my car," Alameri said.
The issue? Alameri is supposed to have tenant parking since she is the owner of Johanna's Barber and Beauty Salon right by the park.
Fort Wayne Outfitters has to constantly kick out non-customers parking in their lot and delivery drivers have complained they can't get their semi-trucks through.
Over at Don Chava's Mexican Restaurant, Store Manager Alfredo Velasco says they're seeing problems as well but working to find a solution.
"Sometimes the customers are most likely to have a hard time finding a parking spot," Velasco said. "So, we tried to put all of our employees on the other side so we have more room for our clients."
On the bright side both Alameri and Velasco say business has improved thanks to people coming down to visit Promenade Park.
Now if something could be done to fix the parking...
"That's the only issue that we have, with the parking. Other than that, we're ok," Alameri said.
If there's confusion as to where to park, click here for a map of parking spots, provided by the Fort Wayne Parks Department.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Promenade Parking Posing Problems
- Campaign for Promenade Park announced
- Promenade Park set to open
- Promenade Park construction still on time
- Promenade Park opening delayed until August
- People enjoy Promenade Park's grand opening weekend
- Promenade Park designed to help handle flooding
- Fort Wayne Parks Foundation creating legacy endowment for Promenade Park
- Fort Wayne unveils sculpture at Promenade Park entrance
- Fort Wayne's Promenade Park now open with three day celebration