FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation delayed the opening of Promenade Park.
The Promenade Park Grand Opening was scheduled for June 21-23.
Now it is scheduled to take place August 9-11.
That's because of a wet spring and flooding along the St. Mary's River, causing some construction delays.
The Grand Opening will feature a floating band performance, community art projects, lighted boat parade, butterfly release, and boat rides.
- Promenade Park opening delayed until August
- Promenade Park set to open
- Promenade Parking Posing Problems
- People enjoy Promenade Park's grand opening weekend
- Campaign for Promenade Park announced
- Fort Wayne's Promenade Park now open with three day celebration
- Promenade Park construction still on time
- Promenade Park designed to help handle flooding
- Tree Canopy Trail at Promenade Park closed
- Fort Wayne Parks Foundation creating legacy endowment for Promenade Park