WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - President Donald Trump is claiming that Border Patrol agents can't do their jobs properly because of "ridiculous liberal (Democrat) laws" that allow people caught for being in the country illegally to be released while they await a hearing before a federal immigration judge.
Trump tweets on Easter that the situation is "Getting more dangerous" and "Caravans" are coming. He offers no information to back up his claims.
Trump also says Republicans in charge of the Senate "must go to Nuclear Option to pass tough laws NOW."
Senate rules require 60 votes for legislation in the 100-member Senate. Republicans only control 51 seats, and GOP Senate leaders basically have rejected Trump's calls to change the longstanding rules.
Trump also says "NO MORE DACA DEAL!" to help immigrants known as "Dreamers."
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump says 'ridiculous' laws make Border Patrol more dangerous
- Ridiculously cold temps in the Northeast break records
- Trump to send National Guard to border
- Ohio patrol, 5 other states' police focus on Move Over law
- Alyssa Milano says sex strike tweet was aimed at raising awareness about 'ridiculous' abortion bans
- Indiana's warrantless seizure law
- Ohio State Highway Patrol sees increase in drug arrests
- Indian Village car break-ins continue, residents patrol
- Man arrested after hitting patrol car while high
- Butler Police Department increases patrols on stop arm violations