President Trump addressing the nation tonight, saying air strikes are underway in Syria.
Since the recent chemical attacks in Syria, there's been speculation as to how the United States and other world leaders would respond. At an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, Russia claiming the attack was staged and directed by Great Britain. Calling evidence of a chemical attack, a hoax.
"We have irrefutable evidence that this was another staging which the special services of a certain nation had a hand in; a nation that is trying hard to be in the front row of the Russophobic campaign," Lavrov says.
Meanwhile, US Ambassador Nikki Haley laid blame for Syria's actions on Russia. "It is Russia alone that used its veto six times to prevent the condemnation of Assad's use of chemical weapons. / If Russia had lived up to its commitment there would be no chemical weapons in Syria, and we would not be here today."
The strikes will be based on targets associated with the Syrian chemical weapons program. The strikes are in coordination with France and Britain.
- President Trump Announces Air Strikes on Syria
- U.S., France and Britain launch military strikes in Syria
- Train strikes, kills Milford teen
- Manchester University announces expansion
- President Trump coming to Fort Wayne Monday
- Crawford announces 2019 mayoral bid
- Parkview announces new medical tower
- Local music festival announces lineup
- Business leader announces mayoral run
- Campaign for Promenade Park announced