Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Preferred Automotive Group gave out 300 trees this year set up at all three locations. People were out bright and early around 11:00 a.m. Sunday morning, leaving the few left you see here in under 20 minutes.
"People keep coming back year after year, after year, after year, and we love it. We love to see them," owner, Jay Leonard said.
Jon Pedro was on the hunt for an affordable Christmas tree when he came across the deal.
"If you don't get out there soon enough, then you're going to be struggling to find the right one. Everyone wants to find the perfect tree for their house, so it's great Preferred is offering free ones," Pedro said.
The owner, Jay Leonard, said he's happy they can play a huge role in helping families who can't get trees.
"This is so exciting for us and all the employees. This will be our 28th year we've handed out free Christmas trees. It's exciting, it's fun, and we get to have the opportunity to give back to the community," he said.
It's the smiles on the children's faces that make it worthwhile.
"They're excited because they weren't going to have a Christmas tree, and if they were, they weren't sure when it was going to happen, so to be able to give back to those children and to see the look on their face, the smile on their face means everything to us," he added.
There are three Preferred Automotive Group locations. One on Lima Road, State Boulevard, and another on Illinois Road. If you missed out this year, be sure to check out these locations next year.
- Preferred Automotive Group holds Christmas tree giveaway
- Christmas tree recycling begins
- Menards and Kelley Automotive Announce Expansions
- Groups hold anti-socialism rally
- Lutheran Hospital holds Remembrance Tree event
- Noble County Miracle Tree holding toy drive
- Allen County Christmas Tree shortage blamed on lack of farms
- A company posted a job ad seeking 'preferably Caucasian' candidates
- Summit City Festival clothing giveaway
- Local group gets ready to hold "Stop ICE Rally"