Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - "Pop Con is a multi genre convention of anything geek, so we bring in sci-fi fantasy anything tv movies, cosplay, internet, gaming, art, music. we have a whole bunch of things," Carl Doninger, Founder and President and Co-owner of Pop Con explained.
He said after five successful years in Indianapolis, it's time to bring Pop Con to Fort Wayne. It's the only place where you'll see these things under the same roof.
"Fort Wayne has never really had an event like ours. It's been an uphill battle for marketing to make sure people really understand the amazing aspect of everything we bring together- laser tag, virtual reality,board gaming, video gaming, all the vendors you can see behind me right now," he added.
Doninger said that's why Fort Wayne was a great choice. You typically see events like this in larger cities, and for those who don't like to travel far it's perfect.
"It's the best because you see all these people going to New York, California and all these huge conventions, and to have one come here to Fort Wayne is really cool and awesome to see," Jack Sweeney said.
An estimated 2,000 people attended Pop Con this weekend. Right now, it's not definite if it will be an annual event, but once things are wrapped up they plan to discuss if it will be.
- Pop Con comes to Fort Wayne for first time
- Human Library Fort Wayne pop up hits Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Fiesta Time Fort Wayne is back
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Long-time Fort Wayne educator, activist passes away
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success