HUNTINGTON, Ind. (WFFT) — A DeKalb County fugitive is now behind bars after a five hour armed standoff with police in Huntington earlier Tuesday morning.
Police say 37-year-old Justin Loren Crager of Garrett, Indiana barricaded himself inside a house on the 1500 block of Cantfield St. in Huntington.
Officers say the standoff started this morning around 7:30 a.m., when State Troopers went to the house searching for Justin Crager who was wanted on six outstanding DeKalb County felony arrest warrants, all related to Dealing Methamphetamine and Possession of Methamphetamine charges.
Police said they arrived at the house and spoke with a female and a male associates of Crager.
They stated that Crager was in an upstairs bedroom armed with a handgun.
Around 11:30 a.m., negotiators said they were able to get in contact with Crager and he agreed to surrender and hour later.
Crager was arrested on charges of Resisting Law Enforcement and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and booked into the Huntington County jail.
Police say Crager will be transferred at a later date to the DeKalb County Jail,to apprear in court for his six outstanding felony warrants.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Huntington man arrested after standoff with police
- Man in Topeka arrested after police standoff
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- Huntington man arrested for arson, stalking
- Arrest made in Huntington stabbing
- Man charged in Huntington homicide
- Two arrested after standoff with state police
- Man arrested after standoff with police in New Haven
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Huntington North principal resigns