FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A standoff with police ended peacefully Tuesday night.
The Fort Wayne Police Department said officers were trying to serve a "Body Standard" warrant on a Trumarkis C. Alexander, 27, in the 2800 block of Knode Court Tuesday evening.
Alexander saw the officers and ran inside a house.
Officers said that's when they sent in a flash bang to try to get the man out of the house, instead, someone shot outside the home.
SWAT crews were then called just after 9:30 p.m.
Investigators were able to negotiate with Alexander to come out of the home.
Alexander surrendered around 11:30 p.m. and was taken in for questioning.
He is charged with Neglect of a Dependant (Level 3 Felony), Criminal Recklessness (Level 5 Felony) and Resisting Law Enforcement (A Misdemeanor).
- Police standoff ends peacefully Tuesday
- Adams County standoff ends peacefully
- Standoff on northeast side ends peacefully
- Two arrested after standoff with state police
- Burglary suspect surrenders after standoff
- Police standoff lasts for seven hours in Steuben County
- Subject of standoff faces new charges
- FWPD involved in Monday morning standoff
- Police arrest suspect in Tuesday stabbing death
- Her family was throwing her a baby shower. They're now planning funerals after a police standoff turned fatal.