LaGRANGE COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - Police officers in LaGrange County are cracking down on stop arm violations.
The LaGrange County prosecutor told FOX 55 there have been more people not stopping for school buses this year.
So now officers will be riding Westview School Corporation buses to catch people not stopping for school buses.
The goal is to expand the program to the other schools in the county.
However, Westview is the only district without exterior cameras to help prosecute violations.
The program will continue when school returns in the fall.
- Police riding buses in LaGrange County to crack down on stop arm violations
- Stop arm violations up significantly nationwide
- FWPD targeting school bus stop arm violators
- LaGrange County police investigate fraud case
- Butler Police Department increases patrols on stop arm violations
- School bus stop arm violations down in Allen County
- Indiana school district adding cameras to buses' stop arms
- Jay Schools Corporation adding stop arm cameras to buses
- LaGrange County residents still dealing with flooding
- Human remains found in LaGrange County