LONDON (AP) - Police for the English city of Leicester say they are responding to a "major incident" after receiving reports of an explosion.
Leicestershire Police said on Twitter that emergency services were dealing with the incident on Hinckley Road and asked the public to stay away from the area.
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue said six fire engines were responding and the incident is being treated as a search and rescue operation.
Video footage from the scene showed a building that appeared engulfed in flames and a number of police cars and ambulances stationed nearby.
The cause of the reported explosion has not been determined.
Leicester is 177 kilometers (110 miles) north of London.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police report explosion in English city
- Huntington residents react to explosion
- Fuel tank explosion injures one
- These are the hardest-to-spell words in the English language
- Cancer survivor becomes first person to swim English Channel four times non-stop
- City releases environmental report on North River
- Man arrested after police say he discussed detonating explosives in Times Square
- Huntington City Police Department planning new building
- Police urging drivers to report stopped trains to federal government
- Police say no investigation underway regarding kidnapping report