DETROIT (AP) - Michigan State Police officials say they now believe four shootings on Detroit's freeway system are linked to the same suspect or suspects.
The agency's Metro Detroit post says a woman recently reported that her car was hit by gunfire on Thursday along Interstate 94 on the city's east side. Police say the gunfire occurred on the same day and in the same area as three other shootings.
One of the shootings along I-94 left a driver with a leg wound. Three other vehicles were struck but drivers weren't injured.
Police say they're looking for a silver or gray sedan seen at some of the shootings.
Extra police patrols have been added to area freeways.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police link 4th freeway shooting to same suspects in Detroit
- Suspect in Link's Wonderland shooting arrested in Indianapolis
- Police searching for shooting suspect
- Police are investigating possible link between California synagogue shooting suspect and nearby mosque fire
- Kroger shooting suspect arrested
- Sri Lanka suspects international terror link to Easter Sunday atrocities
- Detroit family seeks help from Fort Wayne to make arrest
- Shooting suspect appears in court
- Paulding County shooting suspect dies
- Police identify victim and suspect from Lake Avenue shooting