FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne police are investigating an officer involved hit and run from early Saturday morning.
It happened around 3:00 a.m. at the intersection of State and Coliseum Blvd. Police said the officer was traveling east on State when a pick-up truck traveling north ran a red light and hit the patrol car.
The truck continued north before crashing into a ditch. When police checked the vehicle, the occupant or occupants had fled.
The officer suffered minor injuries, but was not taken to the hospital and is said to be in good condition.
Police are asking anyone with information to contact the Fort Wayne Police Department. The incident is under investigation.
- Police investigating officer involved hit and run
- Police investigate hit and run moped crash
- Indiana State Police investigating Warsaw officer-involved shooting
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- Auburn police officer involved in crash
- Indiana State Police investigating two Wabash Co. police-involved shootings
- Officer-involved shooting in Kendallville
- FWPD officer involved in crash
- Man involved in fatal 2017 hit-and-run pleads guilty, victims remembered
- Sentencing postponed for man involved in deadly 2017 hit-and-run