ALBION, Ind. (WFFT)- A man is in custody as police investigate the death of a two-year-old girl.
Police were called to the 300 block of West Railroad Street for an unresponsive child.
The girl was taken to Parkview Noble Hospital in Kendallville, where medics pronounced her dead.
Police said the staff noticed signs of abuse and the Noble County Sexual Assault Response Team began their investigation.
Trevor Wert, 42, is being held as a person of interest on preliminary charges of aggravated battery and battery of a chid.
The relationship between Wert and the child is not public at this time, however police did say the child lived at a different address on the same street.
Prosecutors have until Wednesday to file formal charges.
- Police investigating child death in Noble County
- Noble County faces wrongful death lawsuit
- Police investigating baby's death
- Floods take over Noble County
- Noble County libraries dropping fines
- Inmate escapes Noble County courthouse
- Police investigate break-in at Central Noble High School
- Police investigating Weisser Park death
- Noble County Police looking for woman wanted on several charges
- Rollover crash in Noble County kills one