FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne Police are investigating a shooting that sent one man to the hospital Monday afternoon.
The man was found on the front porch of a house in the 900 block of east Rudisill Boulevard. He was treated at the scene, and then taken to a local hospital.
Detectives believe he was shot in the driver's seat of his car around 3:35 p.m. somewhere between the 3600 and 3800 block of South Park Drive. The man was parked in the area, and at some point at least one person approached the vehicle and fired several rounds.
The victim was able to drive southbound on South Park Drive, but sideswiped another parked car. Detectives think the shooter followed the man on foot. The victim continued and hit a fire hydrant at South Park Drive and east Rudisill Blvd, then backed down South Park Drive, and eventually hit a tree. He reportedly abandoned the car and ran to the home on east Rudisill, where he found was by police, and emergency personnel.
The victim's vehicle was driven to the 2800 block of Reed Street, and abandoned again, by an unknown person or persons.
Detectives are asking any witnesses to come forward by calling them at 427-1202, or Crime Stoppers at 436-7867.
- One critical after being shot in car on South Park Drive
- Girl,4, shot inside car
- Car driving without lights on flips on south Calhoun
- Man dies after being shot in parked car
- Man critically hurt in south side shooting
- Car drives into liquor store
- Woman critically hurt after car crash
- Six people shot in South Bend
- Man critically hurt after being hit on South Anthony Blvd.
- Man critically hurt after rear-ending parked truck