FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFTT)- Wednesday around 2:18 AM, Fort Wayne Police Department responded to 2631 S. Anthony Blvd where the Belmont Beverage is located.
While en route to the Belmont Beverage, dispatch received several calls from citizens indicating they heard gunshots being fired in the area of South Anthony Blvd, Oliver Street, and Smith Street.
Officers arrived at the Belmont Beverage and observed bullet holes in the business window.
In addition, officers located several shell casings lying in the middle of South Anthony Blvd. in front of the business.
At approximately 2:41 AM, the staff at Parkview Hospital located at 2200 Randallia Drive contacted dispatch saying two shooting victims just arrived at their emergency room.
They reported a male/adult victim was in critical condition a female/adult victim was in serious condition.
The male victim was immediately transferred to another local hospital for medical treatment.
Initial reports indicate there was a disturbance in the area of the Belmont Beverage that led to the shooting.
It appears the female shooting victim drove the male shooting victim to the hospital so they could seek medical treatment.
Detectives are currently interviewing the female victim in an attempt to gather additional details regarding this investigation.
This incident remains under investigation by the City of Fort Wayne Police Department and the Allen County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
- Police investigate shooting on South Anthony Blvd at Belmont Beverage
- Police Seek Belmont Beverage Robbery Suspects
- Police investigating shooting on North Coliseum Blvd.
- Man critically hurt after being hit on South Anthony Blvd.
- Belmont Beverage robbery suspects arrested, given additional charges
- Police investigate armed robbery at St. Joe Blvd. Burger Dairy
- Police investigate shooting
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- Police investigating shooting just south of downtown Fort Wayne
- Coliseum Blvd to close to place bridge