FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Police are investigating a shooting at the Meijer gas station on Lima Road.
Police responded to the shooting around 8:10 p.m. When they arrived, they found the male gas station attendant behind the counter suffering from a gun shot wound.
Police are now saying he was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to Fort Wayne police, the suspect entered the gas station with a gun in an attempted robbery. Another employee was working in the cooler at the time, and was not injured. There were no customers inside the gas station at the time.
The suspect is described as a white male, 17 to 20 years old, thin, and about 5'8'' to 5'11''. He was wearing a red, long sleeved, Air Jordan shirt, black jeans, black shoes, and a black hat with yellow writing on it. He was last seen running northwest through the Meijer parking lot.
Police are working to interview potential witnesses, and are reviewing surveillance video.
The Allen County Coroner's Office will release the victim's name, as well as the cause and manner of death.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Police investigate fatal shooting at Meijer gas station
- Trial set in Meijer gas station murder
- Suspect in Meijer gas station shooting requests change of court venue
- Family and friends honor Meijer shooting victim
- Two injured in gas station shooting
- Police investigating armed robbery at a Fort Wayne gas station
- Meijer recalls various vegetables; salad kit
- Victims of Hanna Street gas station shooting have been identified
- Police investigate shooting
- Huntington Police investigate shooting