HUNTINGTON, Ind. (WFFT) - An armed robbery suspect is recovering at a Fort Wayne hospital after being shot by a Huntington Police Department officer Saturday.
Around midnight on May 25, Huntington Police Department and Sheriff's Department responded to an armed robbery at Save on Liquor on 29 Parkmoor Drive in Huntington Indiana. An officer searched the area and found the suspect who then ran away. The officer chased him and discharged his weapon, hitting the suspect.
The suspect was taken to the hospital with non-life threatnening injuries.
The officer was placed on administrative leave per departmental policy. The name of the officer has not yet been released, but will at a later time.
Indiana State Police are investigating the officer-involved shooting and the armed robbery is being investigated by the Huntington County Sheriff’s Department.
- Police investigate officer-involved shooting in Huntington
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- Indiana State Police investigating Warsaw officer-involved shooting
- Police investigating officer involved hit and run
- Officer-involved shooting in Kendallville
- Huntington shooting leaves one dead
- Indiana State Police investigating two Wabash Co. police-involved shootings
- Police investigate shooting
- Huntington County probation officer sues county judge