FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- UPDATE: The victim in a deadly shooting Thursday has been identified as Malcolm D. Robinson, 40, of Fort Wayne.
The cause of death was determined to be a gunshot wound to the chest. Robinson's death was ruled a homicide.
This is the 13th homicide in Allen County in 2018. The shooting remains under investigation.
ORIGINAL STORY: Police are investigating the death of a man found on Berry Street.
A little after 7 pm Thursday, offiers found a man shot in an alley. Initially, the man was listed in critical condition, but he died a short time later.
A vehicle was seen leaving the area shortly after gun shots were heard.
"We're getting different information as far as vehicle information, so there's no vehicle information at this time as well as no suspect information. The identity of the victim as well as the cause of death and manner of death will be disclosed and released by the Allen County Coroner's Office at a later date," said Fort Wayne Police Department Public Information Officer Mark Beaker.
If you have any information about this shooting, please contact Crime Stoppers at 436-STOP.
- Police investigate deadly shooting on Berry Street
- Police investigate deadly shooting in Bryan
- Fort Wayne Police investigating deadly stabbing on Strathmore Street
- Home on West Berry Street in need of new developer
- Police investigate shooting
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- FWPD investigating shooting on Webster Street
- Police investigating death on S. Webster Street
- Police investigating death on Baxter Street
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting