BRYAN, Ohio (WFFT)- Police in Williams County are investigating a shooting that left one man dead Friday night.
Bryan Police said they responded just before 9:00 p.m. to a report of a shooting at 847 E. Bryan Street. 50-year-old Richard Richards Jr. was found dead.
A neighbor, Brandon Wilkes, said he heard three gunshots but thought it was something hitting his house. He also said Bryan, Ohio has not seen a death like this in 10 years.
"I just heard like, bang, bang, bang so I was like, whoa what was that?" he said.
10 minutes later, police surrounded the house across the street.
Richards lived down the road at 921 E. Bryan Street, but often walked around the area. A neighbor who didn't want to be identified said he drank a lot.
"I was told when he gets drunk he breaks into houses, walks into houses," she said.
Brandon Helms said the people who live in the house are young and have a kid.
"They have a little girl I believe, so obviously you're going to protect your family," Helms said.
The house has been quiet since Saturday morning, and everyone wants answers.
Richards' sons didn't want to talk on camera, but said police do have someone in protective custody. They said they don't have any other details about what happened to their dad and why.
- Police investigate deadly shooting in Bryan
- Police investigate deadly shooting on Berry Street
- Bryan woman dead in crash
- Indiana State Police investigating deadly police-involved shooting in Huntington
- Police investigate shooting
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- Luke Bryan tour coming to Fort Wayne
- Man wanted in Bryan homicide arrested
- Soldier from Bryan, Ohio killed in Afghanistan
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting