FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne Police and the Bank Robbery Task Force are investigating the attempted robbery of the Chase Bank located at 204 E. Pettit Avenue.
Around 10:55 a.m. a black male entered the bank, approached a teller, and produced a handwritten note that demanded cash. The note also indicated that he was armed with a handgun. The suspect was unsuccessful in his attempt and was last seen running southbound from the bank.
Investigators are reviewing surveillance photographs to determine their value in helping to identify the suspect. This incident remains under investigation by the Fort Wayne Police Department and the Bank Robbery Task Force.
- Police investigate bank robbery attempt
- Police investigate bank robbery at Flagstar Bank on west State
- Bank robbery reported in Wolcottville
- New Haven Police investigating McDonald's robbery
- New Haven Police investigate armed robbery
- New Haven police investigating armed robbery
- Police asking for public's help identifying bank robbery suspect
- Police identify man arrested in Fort Wayne bank robbery
- Neighbors react to Kendallville bank robbery
- Man arrested after bank robbery Tuesday