FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne Police are investigating a bank robbery at the Flagstar Bank on west State and Sherman Friday afternoon.
Officers responded around 4:00 p.m. to the bank. An employee called 911 saying they had been robbed.
Police said a tall, black man wearing some sort of disguise passed a note to a teller saying he was armed and demanded cash.
The teller gave the man an unknown amount of money before he ran out of the bank. Police tried to track the suspect with a K9 unit, but were unsuccessful.
Witnesses said the man may have fled in a black four door vehicle.
Crime scene technicians and the Bank Robbery Task Force are investigating the incident.
No injuries were reported and no weapons were pulled in the bank.
This same bank was robbed twice in one week in the fall of 2018.
Anyone with information on this robbery is asked to call police at 427-1222.
- Police investigate bank robbery at Flagstar Bank on west State
- Customers upset with transition to Flagstar Bank
- Police investigate bank robbery attempt
- Bank robbery reported in Wolcottville
- Neighbors react to Kendallville bank robbery
- Man arrested after bank robbery Tuesday
- Banks addresses gun debate
- Wells Fargo selling banks
- Banks launches re-election campaign
- China promotes 3 potential central bank leaders