UPDATE: The Allen County Coroner has identified Sunday's homicide victim as Fermin H. Rosa, Jr., age 67, of Fort Wayne.
Fermin was found unresponsive inside his residence in the 1300 block of St. Marys Avenue on Sunday evening.
The cause of death has been determined to be blunt force injuries to the head, and the manner of death a homicide. The incident remains under investigation.
Rosa, Jr. is the 20th homicide in Allen County in 2018.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne police are investigating a possible shooting on St. Mary’s Avenue.
Police were called just before 7:30 to the 1300 block of St. Marys Avenue in reference to a possible shooting. When they got to a home in the area, they found an adult male unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Right now police do not have the evidence to confirm the cause of death. No witnesses in the area heard gunshots. Crime scene technicians and detectives are working to process the scene.
An upstairs neighbor was home at the time and has been accounted for.
If you know anything about this death investigation, you are urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 260-436-STOP.
FOX 55 will update this story as more information becomes available.
- Update: Police ID victim in Sunday homicide
- Ligonier homicide victims identified
- Man arrested in connection to Sunday homicide
- Grandma of homicide victim speaks out
- Vigil held for 16-year-old homicide victim
- Shooting death ruled a homicide; victim identified
- Victim advocacy group, JAVA, works with families of homicide victims
- Purdue updating student IDs to ensure they comply with law
- Flip This City expands to victims outside of homicide
- Aunt of homicide victim speaks out about toddler's death