FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne Police Department responded to 7950 West Jefferson Blvd at Lutheran Hospital in reference to a patient that barricaded himself in his hospital room on Sunday around 11:41 p.m.
The patient threatened bodily harm to the hospital staff if they attempted to enter his room. The patient indicated he was armed with a screwdriver.
Officers arrived at the hospital and made several unsuccessful attempts to communicate with the person.
At approximately 12:33 a.m., the Emergency Services Team (EST) and Crisis Response Team (CRT) were called for assistance.
At approximately 1:41 a.m., Emergency Service Team members made entry into the room and took the patient into custody without incident. The patient remains at the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.
There are no additional details at this time.
- Police detain barricaded patient at Lutheran Hospital
- Chemical spill at Lutheran Hospital
- Dupont Hospital unveils Lutheran Children's Hospital expansion
- Lutheran Hospital celebrates donate life month
- Lutheran Hospital holds Remembrance Tree event
- Lutheran Hospital unveils updated look for new downtown hospital
- Lutheran faces Medicare penalty
- Hospitals graded for patient safety
- Police investigating threats against Lutheran ex-CEO
- Lutheran Hospital ending heart transplant program April 1